Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Life From Hell (and other stories)

Check the headlines, that's all you care about anyway.
Like a bad horror flick Life comes to an end.
Another failed romance (as if romances could last)
Once again, silence like a deafening chorus.

My heart pounds in my chest as the scenes unfold.
I'm powerless to stop it, my best efforts in vain.
Once again, deserted, at a time when all else deserts me.
It seems there is someone, somewhere, who delights in my suffering.

My business crashes down as I struggle to keep it up.
I turn to look for support, for a handle somewhere.
There is none to help. All are engrossed in problems of their own.
Some refuse to help, saying I deserve my lot. My own family.

As flesh and blood forsake me, the so-called "love of my life" also
Sees it fit to "leave for her own future's sake".
I'm deemed "a waste of time", "unfit for life", "not yet grown up"
and subsequently kicked to the curb... as usual.

Like every life before, mine began with promise.
Things looked bright, I had a whole future ahead of me.
Then, just like my Hi5 posts which began with promise.
The stories began getting darker and darker by the day

Till as cane juice becomes molasses, then crystalizes before one's eyes.
My life became as hard as rock and brown as bile refuse.
soon becoming first oil, then grease
till only unusable rock remained.

My life, for all intents and purposes, is now rock.
I guess if I'm now of no use but to be horribly used.
There is only one decree for me right?!
Well Father into thy hands I release my spirit.

Take my useless breath back.

No comments:

Post a Comment